Brief description of IELTS
Centre for continuing Education (CCE) IELTS centre is attached centre to British Council. This centre was established in 2009 by British Council. IELTS is the world's most popular English language test for education and emigration. In other words, it is designed to assess the English language ability of people who intend to study or work where English is the language of communication.
Link to the IELTS home page
Test centre address, contact details, opening hours
Sohar University Continuing Education Centre,
Opening hours: from 8:00 am to 16:00 pm
Workdays: from Sunday to Thursday
P.O. Box: 44, P. Code 311,
Sohar Sultanate of Oman
Telephone:(968) 26850188/26850166/ 93677982
Fax: (968) 26720102.
Test fee and transfer, cancellation & refund policy
How to Register
Registration can be done either in person or by email
Registration in Person
- Candidates need to fill in a registration form and submit it with the required documents to the registration desk to be processed. The main required documents are but not limited to:
- Valid copy from applicant’s Identification Card(ID) or resident card (for expatriates) or Passport with visa (original copy required in international exams & courses)
- Signed registration form
- 1 personal photo (passport size)
- If these documents are not provided and completed, the registration cannot be processed.
- Upon submission of the registration form with the required documents, applicants will receive an email/ an SMS receipt for their submission.
- The registration request(s) will be processed by the concerned personnel and, if it is confirmed, then an email/ SMS will be sent if there is an available spot in their preferred session. Then applicants need to come to the registration desk to finalize the course payment (stamped receipt from SU finance department is required). Upon completing payments, candidates will receive a confirmation and joining instructions by email/ SMS.
- If there is no available spot in their preferred session, they will be asked to register for an alternate session.
- If a place is not available, they will need to adjust the preferred session dates/hours.
Register by E-mail (attached)
- Download the IELTS Registration Form [PDF] from our website